Kylie Cosmetics Birthday & Christmas Collection Haul / kikikaylzz

Kylie just turned 20 and to signify that, she released a makeup collection, because why not?


As a present to myself for being an adult and saving some money and ticking off things that were on my To Do list for this year, I decided to treat myself to the Kylie Cosmetics Birthday Collection 2017.

I love this collection! It's super cute, the packaging is adorable. This collection features a good range of products and colours.


Ideally, I'd loved to have picked up everything, however money didn't permit that.. so here is what I did get!


Firstly, I picked up the makeup bag because it's honestly just adorable. I've heard good things about her makeup bags previously and I forget to get the silver one when the holiday collection dropped last year. The bag itself is a decent size and of good quality, I love the pink glitter detailing.



I got both of the glosses. Kylie glosses are probably my favourite product that she's ever released. 
They're super pigmented and creamy, not sticky. These two are no exception.
Cupcake is the lighter of the two, I thought this was going to be too light for my skintone but because of the peach undertone, it really mellows it out and thankfully suits me.
Cherry Pie is my pick of the two, I love a good glossy red pout!


Twenty Lip Kit is a mauve/brown type colour, normally I stay away from these sorts of colours due to being so pale, they pull very dark on my lips and wash me out. However, Twenty seems to look really good and I think it could easily become a favourite because I have nothing like it.



Lastly in lip products, I bought the Velvet & Matte Mini Sets.
I'm a really big fan of Kylie's matte formula as it's super non-drying on me, personally. I think the minis are a great way to save some money and try out a few different colours.
I own some of the velvet lipkits and quite like them when I want something slightly more glossy but don't want to wear a gloss.
Due to this set being mostly nude shades, majority don't suit me. I found I liked 3/6 which overall isn't too bad.



The last thing I got was King highlighter. I really wanted the loose highlighters from the Vacation collection but didn't have any spare money at the time (so annoying that Kylie doesn't announce collections much in advance so I can save) so I'm glad I picked up one this time round. King is a gorgeous champagne gold, it's super pigmented and flattering on the eye.
I was expecting the pot to be a little bigger but all in all, it's a great product.

I think the packaging of the Birthday Collection is A+. It's so stinking cute and girly!



From the Christmas 2017 Collection, I bought the bundle pack.
This features everything that was available in the Christmas range except the Wet Set. 
I wasn't a fan of the colours for the Wet Set this time round so I passed on it. 



Red Velvet lipkit is my pick from the whole collection. It's so flattering and makes my teeth look really white. It's definitely a colour that would suit everyone. I wish I had picked up another. 



I got the Spice lip set. It was the thing I was most excited for but actually ended up preferring Sugar lip set. Spice had some mauve/ brown colours (that as above pull really dark on me, these actually look brown on me) so I didn't like those. And the shimmery gloss wasn't all that pigmented either. Definitely better to go over the top of another lip product.

As above, I got Sugar lip set. I love every single product in this set. I think they're all gorgeous. The glosses are sparkly and pigmented, not streaky. And I'm a massssssive pink fan when it comes to lip products, so that's a plus. I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I do. 



The Naughty & Nice Palettes are interesting. I've never bought any of Kylies' palettes before. I'm not a massive eyeshadow wearer, in fact I never wear it at all. I loved the colours though.
Nice is my favourite, which is funny because I preferred Naughty when I saw all the swatches.




The set also came with the makeup bag. Personally, don't like it. It's nothing fancy and don't like the colour. Once again though, decent quality and would hold a lot of items. 


That's it for my Kylie Cosmetics Haul!
Stay tuned! More fun posts coming up soon!
K.

Twitter
Follow my bloglovin acc to get notified when I post!





Comments