AUSTRALIS Colour Inject Lipstick Collection | Swatches/Review | kikikaylzz | beautybykaylag

Heeeellllllloooooooo, for today's blog post, as per the title, I'll be swatching & reviewing my collection of Australis Colour Inject Lipsticks.

I have 6 Colour Inject lipsticks in total, I don't wear reds much so I didn't pick them up. I wish I had now though :(

I got all 6 from the Kmart sale last week! They were $5 each! Which is an absolute bargain because they retail at Priceline for $12.95 each.
If bought at Priceline (or anywhere else that sells them full price) I would have paid $77.70
I paid $30 total for these lipsticks at Kmart!
Totally, I saved myself $47.70, which I think is pretty awesome.



I bought:
Samba

Ballet
Gangsta Rap
Lick The Icing
Flamenco
& Grunge

I don't generally wear purple based colours either, but I went out on a whim & bought them because they were $5 each & I want to start being more outgoing in the colours I wear, rather than just sticking with pinks all the time!
Ironically, I never used to wear lipstick either, but I got kinda over not having very much colour on my lips, because obviously gloss doesn't have alot of colour/pigmentation, none that I have atleast! But within the last couple of weeks, I've been wearing lipstick alot.



All the Lipsticks.
L-R: 
Samba, Ballet, Lick The Icing, Flamenco, Gangsta Rap, Grunge

All the swatches

I think I'm pretty much going in this order, fairly sure that's the order I took the photos in.
______________________________________________________________________________

Now, lets get into them separately!
________________________________________________________________________________

Samba
Arm swatch

It's a red-tone dark nude colour.

 Lip swatches, front on view

Lip swatches, side on view

I bought Samba originally because the colour that the bottom of the tube shows was similar to Ballet, but it's definitely not!
I don't mind it, but it's darker than I would have preferred.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Ballet
Arm swatch

Ballet is a pink-tone nude. I'd say it's a peachy-pink colour.
I do love pink colours on the lips, so this was an easy buy!

  Lip swatches, front on view



Lip swatches, side on view

Ballet is a very pretty colour on the lips, it's not too bright and not too dark, so it can really be worn with any makeup look.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Lick The Icing
Arm swatch

I love this colour, a bright light pink, but not a neon type pink.
It really compliments any makeup look.

  Lip swatches, front on view



Lip swatches, side on view

I found this to be a very wearable colour with any makeup look, due to the light colour, it's a pop on the lips if your eyes are dark. 
________________________________________________________________________________

Flamenco
A red-tone hot pink. Bright, yet not overpoweringly bright.

  Lip swatches, front on view


Lip swatches, side on view

I don't mind this colour, I have quite a few hot pink colours already,  but none of them are red-toned so it's slightly different to those. I do like that it's red-toned, it comes up nicely on the lips & has a slight purple undertone to it as well.
________________________________________________________________________________

Gangsta Rap
 Gangsta Rap is a mid purple colour, not very dark, but not very light at the same time. It comes up differently on my lips compared to my arm. (my lips are pretty pink).
As per the photo, it's got a slight pink undertone, yet when put on the lips, I don't see the pink at all!

Lip swatches, front on view

Lip swatches, side on view

When I first heard about this colour from people that I follow on Instagram, they were raving about it and how great it is. Of course, not being overly interested in purple colours, I didn't care too much for it, nor did I like how it swatched... BUT... I bought it anyway and wow, I'm actually really impressed. I think it's a nice colour purple for my skin tone & it's alot prettier in person than photos tell.
________________________________________________________________________________

Grunge
 A plum wine colour, dark purple with a red undertone.

 Lip swatches, front on view

Lip swatches, side on view

I do really like this colour, surprisngly. As you can see, I'm pretty pale so I wasn't sure if it would suit my skin tone, however, I think it looks pretty nice on me. I'll be the first to admit, I wasn't 100% keen on this colour, I saw it on Instagram also and everyone said it was amazing but I just thought it would be too dark! I picked it up because, like the rest of them, it was $5 and for $5 you can't really go wrong.

The only problem I have with this lipstick (I don't know if everyone has this problem or if I just got a bad one) but mine is very hard to apply. It's not at creamy as the others and doesn't go on as smoothly. I find that disappointing because the others are really good! Due to this problem, it makes it hard to make my lips look good because it gets everywhere & then I have to try and clean it all up once I've got it as good as I possibly can, which proves inconvenient. Other than that, I have absolutely no problems with this lipstick.
_______________________________________________________________________________

General:

The lipsticks are very creamy & easy to apply.
They come in a range of colours.
They don't cling to the lines of your lips (unless the lipstick dries out - reapply & it's fine)
All the colours are suitable for every skin tone, but the question is: Are you brave enough to wear them?
They last quite a long time if you aren't eating/drinking.
They feel moisturizing.
After a few hours, they tend to dry out & cling to the lines of your lips, so a reapply is needed.
Colour pay off is really good.
Ranges from bright colours to dark colours. Perfect for a certain type of makeup look.

I do like these lipsticks, and I like them even more for the price I paid & the money I saved.
I would repurchase these again. Ideally not at full price though. ;)

I'd rate these lipsticks an 8/10.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading lovelies, hope you enjoyed this post!
Let me know what you want to see/see more of in the comments or on my Instagram.

<3 Kayla.

Comments

  1. lipsticks is what every girl desires, our social profiles are totally dedicated for this purpose , do visit hauteher cosmetic tips for women

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment