Monthly Favourites - April 2016 | kikikaylzz

Hi all, welcome back to my blog. It's been a while, I know - I've had some major personal stuff I've had to deal with over the past few months. But I'm back now and excited to get back to blogging and Instagramming! As per the title, this will be my April Favourites for 2016!
Now let's get into the post!


I've been absolutely loving the Jeffree Star Cosmetics liquid lipsticks over the last few months. I've always worn creamy lipsticks or glosses so it was definitely a massive change and a good change at that. Anna Nicole has been the most worn out off all the JSC liquid lipsticks that I own. Everyone loves a good orange!
I've raved about the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara time and time again. Why? It's just that good! Better than Sex makes my lashes so long and voluminous - a cult favourite. 


The Australis Fresh and Flawless Powder has been a holy grail for a while now. I haven't spoken much about it, but I've used it everytime I've done my makeup for months now. Mine is in Light Beige, which I believe is the lightest colour. This makes me my skin so flawless and covers imperfections like nothing on earth without looking cakey on the skin.

Highlighters are a big part of my makeup, I can't not wear one (or two) when I do my makeup. I love the glow it provides and makes me look so much more awake and healthy. The two I've been using non-stop for the past few months are Mary Lou Manizer by TheBalm & Lightscapade Mineralize Skinfinish by MAC. I like to use Mary Lou first and highlight the tops of my cheekbones and nose, and then go over the top with Lightscapade. It provides the prettiest finish and the two compliment each other very well. I feel like a disco ball when I use them together. 

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge is a staple in my makeup application process. I was never much into sponges until recently, and I regret not getting into them earlier. It leaves my makeup so flawless and airbrushed looking.
The Beauty Blender Mini Blending Sponge I use for my undereyes and to highlight my face. I like it because it's so small so I can get into all the crevices of my face without poking myself in the eye. I don't own the bigger beauty blender but from comparing the mini sponge against the RT sponge, I really haven't noticed a difference. 


I used the Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream a while back but didn't like it. I recently found it and decided to give it another chance. I find a little goes a very long way - you really only need the tiniest amount. It doesn't have an unpleasant smell, which is good given how close it is to your nose, nor does it burn my eyes. I've found that it really helps to lighten the dark circles under my eyes. My undereye concealers also never crease when I use this under my makeup.
I've raved about the Benefit Porefessional before, in numerous posts I'm pretty sure. It's still a cult favourite product of mine. I love how it completely makes my pores disappear & smooths out my skin. A little goes a long way with this product as well!
The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer I've only just started to use. Initially I never liked it but everything deserves a second chance. I'm not sure why I didn't like it, given that I now love it. I've used it in all my makeup applications within the last month or two. I don't mind the sponge either but I do find this concealer runs out very fast unfortunately.  


I'd never used a dry shampoo before, but one day I decided to pick up the Batiste Dry Shampoo in cherry. It's become a quick fix product for when I don't have the time to/or in the days just before I wash my hair.
Last, but not least is the Juicy Couture Malibu Perfume (the pink version). I was given a sample of this at Myer in late 2014 and I loved it to death, but by the time I had the money to buy the full size Myer had faded them out and I couldn't find it anywhere for the longest time. Thankfully, when I did, I bought 2 backups! This perfume is very strongly scented, but it's a nice floral scent at the same time. 


All the Favourites!

That's it for my Monthly Favourites for April 2016. Let me know what your favourites are in the comments! 
Kayla x


Follow my BlogLovin account to get notifications of my posts!

Comments