Chapstick Night Repair, Does It Really Work? | kikikaylzz | beautybykaylag

Chapstick Night Repair, does it really work?


I'll be trying this out for 5 days.
$6.99 for 2 Chapstick products was a steal, I'd seen many reviews raving about how amazing they are, so I thought I'd try them out for myself. Here are my thoughts.

Initial thoughts:
Glides on smoothly.
Smells like burnt popcorn.
(After rubbing my lips together) smells like melted butter.
Feels nice on my lips.
A little more easy to rub my lips together than with a normal balm.
Has thin consistency.
Smooth.
Shiny when applied.
After 5 minutes, scent goes away.
No taste.
Feels buttery on the lips.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Night 1:
Went to bed around 1am.
Woke up around 3am:
Small amount of product left on my lips.
Just enough to rub them together smoothly.
Reapplied.

Woke up around 11am:
No product on my lips.
Lips were dry.
Sore.
Didn't look healthy / 'repaired'

Had to exfoliate my lips due to the dryness that Chapstick Night Repair caused and then I applied EOS.


I will continue to use this for the next few days, even though, given what it's done so far, I probably shouldn't but the beauty world requires it.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Night 2:
I exfoliated my lips with my ELF Lip Exfoliator before applying the Chapstick Night Repair.

Applied at 10pm.
Went to bed around 12am.


Woke up around 9am:

Lips were soft.
Not sore.
No product remained

I don't know if it was because I exfoliated my lips beforehand, or if there just wasn't enough product on my lips for it to work, but I've got 3 more days to try it out and see if I like it or not.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Night 3:
I decided to exfoliate my lips again tonight just because I had worn alot of product on them during the day and some of it stained. Not too sure how I feel about that, can be annoying, but good at the same time. I probably won't exfoliate tomorrow night just to see if that's the cause of my lips being soft in the morning rather than the product actually working.

Applied at 10:15
Went to bed around: 12am

Woke up around: 9:30am

There was no product left on my lips, but they felt smooth, but sort of dry.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Night 4:

I didn't exfoliate my lips tonight because I want to see if that's the reason that I wake up and they're smooth.
Applied at 10:50pm
Went to bed around 12am

Woke up around 8:30am

To my surprise, they were soft, but not as soft as when I exfoliate my lips. I wish this product would last through the night like my EOS lip balm does.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Night 5: Last Night trying this out!

Applied at 12:20am
Went to bed at 12:30am

Woke up around: 8:30am
_________________________________________________________________________________

Verdict: After my last night of trying this product out, I'm still not 100% 'omg this is amazing' on it, like all the other beauty guru's are. I don't think it works as well as they say it does. I do prefer my EOS to this; however I don't think it's cold enough yet to need to use a Night Repair balm, and because of that, I don't think I can give a proper opinion on the product. I've never had terribly chapped lips or anything like that either, so this product probably isn't ideal for me. However, in the coming months, I'll give it a try again. For the price, it's worth picking up. It's cheaper than EOS Lipbalm & you get 2 products.

PS: I will do a separate review on the Day Chapstick when I get around to using it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Chat to me here:

Comments