First Impression - NYX Glitter Cream Palettes

Recently, I ordered 7 Glitter Cream Palettes from a seller on eBay for $30. Which I thought was a good deal because if you're not from the states, it's about $10/palette. I saved myself $40, so I'm pretty happy with that.
I've heard & read so many mixed reviews about these palettes, so I thought I'd get them for myself and give them a try.

There are 12 Glitter Cream Palettes all up, I do hope to be able to get them.
As NYX has only just been introduced to Australia, these palettes aren't available here. I would like to hope that they will be introduced here, as I'd like to buy backups. BUT I doubt they will be sold here due to the fact that we don't have alot of what the American NYX has. Or it will not be here for a long time.
_________________________________________________________________________________

The palettes I got were: (In no particular order)
Paradise
Surreal
Eden
Royal Violets
Ocean Breeze
Bronze Goddess
& Ice Queen



I have swatched each of these palettes with ELF primer & a similar colour eyeshadow base.
________________________________________________________________________________

Ice Queen


Ice Queen was the first palette I found, and instantly attracted me. I love glitter & silvers and blacks on my eyes, so this was a win win either way.

 Primer/Eyeshadow base


_______________________________________________________________________________

This palette is Eden.
I love the bright colours in this, especially the orange/yellow



 Primer/Eyeshadow Base


_________________________________________________________________________________

Surreal


Surreal is one of my favourite palettes. I love the colours, they're all colours that I would wear on a daily basis. 

I especially love the middle colour, in the palette, it's more green, so I'm not 100% sure why it's come up blue but as you can see, it's an emerald green & it's absolutely GORGEOUS! My 2nd most favourite colour out of the lot.
I'm not sure what happened to my eyeshadow base picture, and I don't remember which colours I used, so I'm just not going to put it up - this happened to a few of the colours. Whoops.

________________________________________________________________________________

Moving on, next up is Ocean Breeze. This is EASILY my favourite palette out of the lot, the colours are simply STUNNING! Greens/blues I absolutely love! 





I love every single colour in this palette, they're just perfect. The light blue is the best though ;)

_________________________________________________________________________________

This palette is Bronze Goddess. Very suitable for all you girls who likes nude/brown colours. 




I lost the eyeshadow base for this palette too, wow I'm terrible. SOZ!
I don't generally wear nude/brown colours, but there's a few gold colours in here, so I probably will use this palette more than I thought I would.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Royal Violets - really as it says, a bunch of purple colours.
I'd call the last colour, dark grey. It appears grey atleast, but was swatched on top of a black base.




I really like the grey in this palette, it's slightly different to the others. It's lighter than the others, but the others aren't black either. I'm really pale, so I don't generally wear purples and they don't go with my eye colour (hazel) but for dressing up, this would be a good palette.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The last palette is Paradise.
It's a simple palette with everyday colours. 




I think the 3 middle colours look great, I'm not too fussed on the right colour, it just wasn't as good as the others. 
________________________________________________________________________________

First impressions:
I found these palettes to be very good! I would repurchase.
I was very unsure in buying these due to the overwhelming mixed reviews, most I have seen are bad. And if you think that, you're not using them properly!

I swatched these by just drawing a line straight down. I didn't find these to crease very much, unlike others have said. Out of all 35, maybe 3 or so creased and I didn't have very much product on the applicator either.

Each palette comes with 1 general sponge tip eyeshadow applicator & 1 sponge tip/brush applicator Maybe for eyebrows or lips? I don't see why they have to be used for just eyes.

Each palette has a hard/dry protective layer, so to use these properly, you have to get under that layer. Although, they do swatch nicely when I rubbed my finger on the dry layer. For cream shadows, I wasn't expecting them to be very good.. I was pleasantly surprised!!
There's a few of the same colours throughout the palettes, mainly blacks, whites, golds & pinks. But I have no problem with that because I like those colours, and they can be used over any eyeshadow colour and it won't look weird. 

I would rate these 8/10.

I do recommend going out and getting these palettes if they're available in your country. If not, eBay is the way to go!

Have a good day guys!
xo

Comments