EOS VS CHAPSTICK

WHO WILL COME OUT ON TOP?
EOS OR CHAPSTICK?

If you saw my previous blog post about EOS lipbalms, you will know the assortment I have.
 I only have 2 chapsticks - they're both the mixstix. I'll be using Strawberry/Banana Smoothie for this one, as I'm comparing it to the Strawberry Sorbet EOS. 

Lets get started........

Both lip balms come carded.

PACKAGING:
Both have cute packaging. I find Chapstick more visually appealing though because it has 2 colours and isn't as bulky (I'm probably the only person in the world who never actually cared about EOS packaging)

WEIGHT:
Chapstick Mixstix weighs in at 4.4g (combined), while EOS weighs in at 7g. 3.4g difference. 


SCENT:
Both smell really good! I find myself more drawn to the chapstick scent. It's sweeter.

TASTE:
For terms of taste, EOS wins hands down! Chapstick tastes terrible! I hate accdiently licking my lips because it's a foul taste. Whereas, with EOS it's light, fruity and true to the scent, it does indeed seem like I'm eating strawberries!

EASE OF ACCESS:
Both provide easy access. I haven't finished an EOS yet, but I do find that when you get to the bottom it's a little harder to get out because of the bulky packaging. In saying that, I haven't finished a chapstick either, but I assume because of the twist part, it would be easier to get out.

LONGEVITY:
I've used the Chapstick for the past few days to compare it with EOS.
CHAPSTICK: If applied right before food/drink, once done, it is practically gone. If applied just generally, I found that Chapstick lasts around an hour at the most.
EOS: Even if you eat/drink, it still stays on. EOS lasts until I wipe it off!! The longest I have worn it is about 6 hours (not including overnight)
EOS definitely lasts A LOT longer than Chapstick!


FEEL:
CHAPSTICK: It feels smooth, but a sticky sort of smooth. I find it harder to rub my lips together.
EOS: SMOOTH AS A BABY'S BUTT! Literally. So easy to rub my lips together. Not sticky!
APPLICATION TIME:
CHAPSTICK:I find that Chapstick takes longer to apply due to the fact that it's got a smaller base. About 30 seconds to fully apply 2-3 coats.
EOS: EOS has a bigger surface, and only takes about 10 seconds to fully apply 2-3 coats.

OVER NIGHT APPLICATION:
I generally sleep for about 9 hours.
CHAPSTICK: I applied Chapstick before bed, when I woke up, it was no longer on my lips, but left a sticky aftermath.
EOS: I applied EOS before bed, when I woke up, it was still on, not by alot, but it was still on my lips and I was able to rub them together.

MOISTURISATION:
CHAPSTICK: Chapstick didn't dry out my lips, but it didn't moisturize them either like I was hoping it too! I was pretty disappointed actually.
EOS: EOS moisturizes my lips so well! They always feel hydrated and healthy when I wear EOS! It also doesn't dry them out. I've never had chapped lips while using this balm. This will definitely be my go-to Winter night time product.

GENERAL: (What's available in Australia)
CHAPSTICK: Chapstick comes in 4 different scents/flavours. Raspberry/Lemon, Strawberry, Normal & Strawberry/Banana.
EOS: EOS comes in 9 different scents/flavours + a few limited edition scents. Honeysuckle Honeydew, Sweet Mint, Strawberry Sorbet, Passion Fruit, Lemon Drop, Blueberry Acai, Summer Fruits, Pomegranate Raspberry & Medicated Tangerine. + Limited edition: Vanilla Bean, Blueberry Potion, Fresh Watermelon, Sweet Vanilla Nonsense & Watermelon Wonderland.

OVERALL:
I have concluded that given all the evidence & although Chapstick has it's perks, EOS is definitely the better lip balm! EOS works better at keeping my lips looking healthy & not chapped. It has more flavours/scents, so there will be one to suit everybody. And because it's bulky, it's harder to lose than a Chapstick.

Do you Agree?
Let me know below.

Comments