Overrated Products That Actually Suck | Part 1 | kikikaylzz | beautybykaylag

As per the title, this is a post about Overrated Products.
Please keep in mine, this is my opinion, you might have different opinions to me, and that's fine - so don't hate on me for my opinion.



I have a few products that I personally think are VERY overhyped.

Chapstick Cake Batter
I didn't like this Chapstick, it barely has a scent, tastes disgusting & doesn't work for me, Chapstick chapsticks in general don't work for me. This product isn't known because it works well, it's known because of the 'great scent'. It smells like a normal chapstick to me.

Chapstick Day & Night Duo 
I feel that this didn't work either. This was so strongly hyped up, but I honestly found it to be shit. I found it oily, and didn't last very long & because of this, it didn't do anything for my lips. I applied before bed, and when I got up in the morning, my lips were very dry.

I did do a post on this duo a few months ago, if you'd like to read it, click here.

Australis Colour Inject Lipstick - Grunge
I really hate this lipstick. The colour is lovely, but it tugs at my lips, I don't find it creamy enough to just glide on. I found it really hard to apply (Even with a lip liner). Once applied, it's very patchy & I found I couldn't go over it because it would just  move, and become patchy in other places again.

Australis VelourLipsI really think these are terrible. The colours are too bold & bright for everyday wear.(Yes, I know there's new shades out)
I found them to be VERY drying. They dried out my lips completely, which then made the Velourlips sink into my lip lines immensely. It doesn't matter if I put balm on underneath or not, it still sinks into lip lines. When I do put balm under, it causes the VL to become so much more patchy.
I found these to be flaky & come off when they've been on for a while.
The only good thing about them is the scent, I absolutely love it.

Nude By Nature - On The Go Refillable Travel Brush
I've had this product for a long time now. I finally got around to testing it out the other day. I was so disappointed. I wasted time transferring the powder foundation, all for nothing. I had a look inside the brush & it's got the TINIEST hole ever! No wonder absolutely no powder came through!
Definitely not impressed with this brush, which is disappointing because I generally like NBN products.
Thankfully, I only paid like $10 for this brush thanks to the Priceline 40% off sale in January.

Maybelline Baby Lips
I HATE THIS STUFF! It's meant to moisturize your lips and help replenish them? It ruined my lips. Made them dry, chapped, sore & bloody. DISGUSTING.
Nuff said.

Face of Australia Highlight & Contour Kit
Okay, well I don't hate this product, I quite like it. But it's so very ridiculously overhyped. Like, it doesn't even come with a brush to apply the product... It's good for the price, but there's definitely better bronzers out there. I don't use the bronzer. But the highlighter is okay.  I personally don't see what's so amazing about the product though.


Well, that's all I've got for Part 1 of Overrated Products That Actually Suck.
Would anyone be interested in a Part 2/Series? LET ME KNOW YO.

In between blogging, you can find me here
Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin to keep up to date with my posts :)

Until next time,
Stay Classy,
Kayla


Comments