5 Chi Chi Eyeshadow Palette Reviews

As per the title, I'll be reviewing/swatching the Chi Chi Eyeshadow palettes.
I have 5 different palettes in total:
Rich Gems
Nudes
Bases
Dramatic
& Exotic

I will swatch & review each of these palettes, starting with...................


Palette #1
Rich Gems

Rich Gems was the first Chi Chi palette I bought, and I only bought it 4 months ago. (I've become sorta an addict since then oops!) I got it in the Small Set from Target for $12 (Included a moazic blush & 4 lipglosses) I really like this one because of the bold colours (I dislike just plain browns etc)


Palette


Swatches

The thing I love most about this palette is that all the colours are shimmer. I'm not a fan of Matte, it's too boring for me. Shimmer, Glitter - that's where it's at!
As you can see, most of the colours are highly pigmented (1 stroke) although, they don't all appear as shimmery as others. I would buy this palette again, but not at RRP. I'd buy it in a set.


Palette #2

Nudes

Just like the Rich Gems palette, I bought this palette in the smaller set (came with the same items)
As I said before, I'm not the biggest fan of browns/nudes but everyone needs atleast 1 nudes palette, and for $12, I wasn't complaining. 



Palette



Swatches

In this palette, there are 2 matte shades. (from the bottom - top shade 3 & shade 5) which is good, because shimmer! :D
All these shades are highly pigmented, I do find that the shimmer shades (in all palettes) swatch easier than the matte shades, they're just easier to get more colour off.


Palette #3
Bases


Palette


Swatches

I had a hard time photographing these swatches because they are so light! Although, as you can see, they're still pretty pigmented - just enough for a good base.
The only reason I have this palette is because I bought the Big Set (Bases to Dramatic Looks) Because I wanted the dramatic palette. I would not have bought this otherwise.

I don't hate this palette, it's just not one that I would use very often.

Palette #4

Dramatic



Palette

Swatches


I adore this palette, I got this during the 25% off/markdown sale when the big sets were only $15. WHAT A BARGAIN! Right? SO GOOD!
I love the popping colours in this, also good to make an amazing smokey eye look. (Which I will be trying out eventually, when I get around to it. I'm so slack! Check out my Instagram/Youtube to see these looks! youtube.com/kaylag & instagram.com/beautybykaylag)

There is 3 matte colours in this palette, shade 1, shade 6, & shade 7.

Last and final palette

Palette #5
Exotic


Palette

Swatches

I'm soooo happy I got this palette. I was going to buy it during the sale Chi Chi/Myer had, but didn't end up liking it that much so I didn't buy it... and then I regretted not buying it so badly!
SO......... LUCKY FOR ME! WHEN I WENT SHOPPING YESTERDAY... MY MYER HAD 2 LEFT! One was broken but the other set was A-OK! So I got that one, $15 (No markdowns on the sets) but I was more than happy to pay that, as I had a giftcard anyway.
I love this palette, it's gorgeous! I love blues, green, silvers, blacks on my eyes, they're my absolute favourite to wear!



OVERALL:
I like Chi Chi Palettes, they're good quality for the price. But I think the price is a little too high (I won't pay more than $15 for their palettes) The colours in every palette are very similar though, which is why you don't need a heap of them. I would repurchase some of these palettes, but not anytime soon because I don't need them. I do recommend these palettes to anyone who wants a cheap alternative to Smashbox, Urban Decay etc. brand palettes, because they're blendable, mixable and easy to use! They're silky & smooth when applying and aren't chalky. 

Hope you guys enjoyed my review & pick up some of these palettes! 

Comments